It's a BIG world; Go Get It !

Monday, February 7, 2011

Paul Martin and the Capital for Aboriginal Prosperity and Entrepreneurship -Cape Fund

Paul Martin and the Capital for Aboriginal Prosperity and Entrepreneurship (Cape) Fund

Yesterday on So Fine Canada, I played an interview with the Rt. Hon. Paul Martin. He's an excellent man, very generous of character and extremely committed to Aboriginal Leadership and social finance. I appreciate his stories of how he got into supporting Aboriginal businesses and the development of a $50 million dollar fund to help those businesses succeed. For anyone interested in reading about how to access that fund and the criteria click here.

We also talked about the two businesses under investment and a third soon to come online. I'm looking forward to the announcement on that one as I like what the other two businesses are doing, so I'm positive that the next one will also be great. Take a look at One Earth Farms and also Manitobah; I think you'll be equally impressed.

It's easy for me to be positive about what I see around me in terms of Aboriginal Leadership; there is a lot going on in BC and the country. What's missing is more wide-spread recognition of how good these businesses are and what they are doing for the future, for all Canadians. It's a case of when one of us succeeds, we all succeed. For too long, First Nations people were not able to succeed in their own right but they have decided to change this and like anyone moving forward, a little help goes a long way.

If you need more examples, consider the Women in Leadership Aboriginal Awards WIL -Aboriginal Women in Leadership coming up in March. The previous years have been astounding for what women Aboriginal leaders have been able to achieve. I leave each time brimming with admiration having heard some of the most remarkable stories of my life. They impact me and encourage me and show me ways to be hopeful. And many of them run band businesses that make money too.

Just love that.

Comments

HTML Comment Box is loading comments...