It's a BIG world; Go Get It !

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Business Webinars - You still need good teachers

Business Webinars - You still need good teachers
Tina Crouse, Strategist
I 'attend' about 2-3 webinars a week. Usually, they are free and I'm always scouting for things to help clients and myself understand business better. When I come across a good one, I try to post or tweet about it because they are few and far between.

It's a sad reality that people with specialized knowledge assume that they just have to 'speak' it and everyone will get it. They throw up some good but incomprehensible slides (without explanation) and then go into babble-speak because they don't prepare limited talking points for each slide and just begin tangent explanations of how they got to where they are in the presentation. If you guessed that's where I get off the webinar, you're right. I don't have time for babble but I do need the information that they are giving. I'd really like to give some feedback about it but people have forgotten the old standby - 'questionnaire to rate the presentation'. With SurveyMonkey, it's easy, cheap or free and you get real data if you ask the honest questions: Did you like this webinar ? Was it useful ? What didn't you like ? Did the presenter do a good job of getting the information across ?

As I mentioned, I like to promote good ones so if anyone can recommend a good business webinar, whether on InBound Marketing, Social Media, Business Development or the like, please share. Everyone should be able to benefit from this cheap and easy medium.

Comments

HTML Comment Box is loading comments...